During the installation on Windows and Mac systems, security alerts are displayed because the FastTrack executable does not possess an EV code signing certificate. These alerts can be ignored. FastTrack executable can be verified easily (and freely) by comparing the MD5 checksum. See the [installation video)(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvfCIS7BmSM) for more details.
Stable versions of FastTrack are released for Linux (AppImage, AUR for ArchLinux, Fedora package), Mac (as dmg), and Windows (installer, portable folder). The nightly versions are available on the Github Actions artifacts.
- For Windows:
- Download the FastTrack installer.
- Execute the installer and follow the provided instructions.
- If FastTrack is complaining about missing DLL, go to the installation folder and execute the vc_redist.x64.exe executable that can also be installed during the installation process.
- For Linux (all distributions) as AppImage:
- For Linux natively:
sudo dnf install fasttrack fasttrack-cli
- Arch Linux:
yay -S fasttrack fasttrack-cli
- From source :
qmake src/FastTrack.pro ; make ; sudo make install ; qmake src/FastTrack-Cli.pro ; make ; sudo make install
- For Mac:
- Minimal version required: 10.15.
- Download the FastTrack dmg file.
- Double click on the dmg file.
- Drag the application from the dmg window into the Applications folder.
FastTrack will display a message at the start-up and in the status bar when a new release is available.
Search the FastTrackUpdater in the Windows Start Menu or execute the MaintenanceTool.exe in the installation folder directly and follow the provided instructions.
The FastTrack AppImage does not currently support the automatic update. Replace the current AppImage with the latest AppImage released.
The FastTrack App does not currently support the automatic update. Replace the current App with the latest App released.